MAP_IT envisions to build adequate and relevant capacities at all levels in the government and provide need based trainings to conceptualize, lead, design and implement IT/ e-Governance Projects. MAP_IT provisions trainings, workshops, awareness campaigns to increase the acceptability of the new initiatives taken for transforming government on e-governance platform. E-governance leads to new skills, competencies & knowledge on new technology, system & software, MAP_IT assess such needs and provides trainings as per the requirement. MAP_IT has also developed frameworks wherein experts with required skills were hired from open market.
1. Capacity Building Frameworks
Professional team with appropriate skill-sets and aptitude is required to facilitate the State administration and to carry out the groundwork for State MMPs and other e-Governance initiatives including preparing project proposals, implementing the projects and overseeing O&M & support. The envisaged team placed at two levels:
- Program level (i.e. at State Level) State e-Governance Mission Team
- Project level (i.e. at Department Level) Project e-Governance Mission Team
1.1State e-Governance Mission Team (SeMT)
Team of consultants for program level support, posted by GOI under Capacity Building Scheme– recruited and maintained by NISG, NeGD.MP-SeMT has current strength of 7 resources out of total approved structure of 13 consultants The consultants comprises of four domains:-
- Technology Management
- Program Management
- Financial Management
- Change Management
SeMT supports the State Nodal Agency at programme level which comprises of:-
- Implementation of Digital India/ MeitY/ NeGD initiatives in the state.
- Preparation & review of Project Concept Note, DPRs, EOI, RFP preparations for e-Gov/ IT projects.
- Monitoring and assessment of various MMPs
- Capacity Building initiatives and e-Governance trainings.
- IT Dept’s/ MAPIT projects, GIS initiatives, IT Awards etc.
- Contributing to e-Governance Verticals in MAPIT.
- Ensure interoperability & adherence to Standards & policies.
- Providing assistance to DST/ MAPIT in formulating Policies & Frameworks for the state.
1.2 Project e-Governance Mission Team (PeMT)
Understanding the capacity building needs of the line departments in terms of technical resources expert in e-Governance domain, MAP_IT provisioned Project e-Governance Mission Team (PeMT) Framework. In line with SeMT framework four domain experts –Technology Management, Program Management, Program Management & Change Management consultants were hired from open market, provided orientation to aligned with Digital India/ NeGP and deployed in the line departments to initiate, implement and sustain e-Governance initiatives.
1.3 Center of Excellence (COE)
To cater line departments’, need of developing small software applications, Centre of Excellence (CoE) was established at MAP_IT. CoE has the resources of following areas: Microsoft Technologies, Open Source, Security and Quality, IT Infrastructure, Database Administration.
1.4 Virtual IT Cadre
MAP_IT has created a dedicated cadre of Govt Officers with in all the line department and sub offices, to foster IT and e-Governance practices in government. The Goal is to explore and build capacities with in Govt to consolidate dept e Gov team with PeMT, to blends thebest elements of respective Govt Domain as well Project and Technology implementation related competencies within department.
1.5 District eGovernance Society (DeGS)
MAP_IT has established a unique set up of IT manpower at Distt/Block/Tehsil level across the state to strengthen state government functioning in terms of IT and e-Governance project implementation at field level. With the help of these resources, many capacity building initiatives, trainings and awareness campaigns are being conducted on regular basis up to tehsil level. One e-Governance Manager, one Office Assistant and one Accountant has been place at each district level whereas one Assistant e-Governance Manager placed at Block/Tehsil level. More than 600 technical manpower deployed at filed level.
2. Training on IT/e-Governance
MAP_IT has mandate to identify the training needs of Govt officials involved in implementing IT/e-Governance Projects in line departments as well PeMTs, DeGS Resources & Virtual IT Cadre. Following trainings are being imparted:
- Specialized trainings on e-Governance Program (For All Govt officers) modules are eGLC, GPR, Regulatory Framework, DPR, RFP & EoI, Change Management, Information Security Management, Project Management, PPP Business modelling.
- E-Governance Project Management (for SC/ST officials)
- Skill enhancement program
- CIO Program- Leadership Program, Champion Program & Executive Program on e-Governance.
- Train The Trainer (TTT) Program
- Orientation Program for PeMTs, &DeGS resources
- Basic computer training, Unicode, Use of Digital Signature at RCBC e-Daksh Training centers established at District level.
2.1 eDaksh, Regional Capacity Building Centres (RCBC)
Well equipped “State of the Art” Centres developed uniformly across the state. These 25 seatercenters were established to sensitize Government officials on IT and e-Governance subjects. Training collaboration Unit at MAP_IT level monitors the progress & review the trainings. Trainings on use of software applications, basic computer knowledge, MS office, Unicode use of Digital Signature etc are imparted to Block & Distt level officers at these centers.
To sensitize government officials, MAP_IT conducts workshops on various themes of e-Governance & Digital India. Recently conducted workshops on:
- Cloud Computing
- Block chain technology & its usability in e-Governance.
- Scrum methodology in Project Management
- Digital Transactions – Payment options under Digital India Program
- Power BI – Data analytics & reporting
- e-Waste Management
- eM (Government e-Market Place), UTTAR-A & e-Office
- RFP & Bid Process Management as per World Bank Guidelines.
- Regional workshop on Electronic Payments & Receipts in e-Governance
- University level Workshop on Digital India initiatives.
- Division level workshops on UIDAI Adhaar Enrolment, CSC, m-Governance, Virtual IT Cadre, email Policy, Good Governance, & GIS.
- District level Workshops on e-Governance.
4. Digital India Outreach Campagian
Outreach program for creating awareness about various G2C services and Digital India Products Digital India outreach campaign run in all 51 Districts of Madhya Pradesh. 5-exhibition Vans demonstrated Digital India Services & Products through LED TV, Tablet &NukkadNatak. Each exhibition van visited 40 locations in 20-days of each district.
A Campaign for Digital and Internet Awareness in Women. Google & Airtel are the partner in this campaign. Its an Introduction to the world of Internet – explaining various advantages of knowing it to women of MP. MAP_IT is the nodal Agency for this campaign and District Administration being implementation agency putting efforts at field level.
Target Audience are:
- Aganwadi Workers – MahilaSashaktikaran Dept
- ASHA / ANM – Health Dept
- Women Police – Police Dept
- Women employees of Urban bodies - UADD
- Self Help Group of Women – Panchayat& Rural Dev dept
- Female Teachers / Students of Schools / Colleges
- Women in Collectorate / Municipal corporation / Zila / JanpadPanchayats& of other offices
- House Wives
- Agriculture (KisaanDidi)